5 KEY TEAM BUILDING IDEAS FOR YOUR COMPANY
Team building activities are processes through which a group of employees working individually become a good team. The aim is that they work together to achieve the common goals of the organisation. Getting a company’s employees to be united is not a simple process. For this reason, leaders have started to work with team building processes, a method that aims to build a high-performance team. The key is to solve the organisation’s problems and improve the final results.
To start working on these strategies, it is necessary to promote a culture of change in the company. Encouraging the creation of work teams and inspiring habits in employees is essential. With a good working environment, employees will increase their creative capacity and will be more committed. What activities can you carry out to achieve these objectives? We tell you about them below:
The trends in flexible pay that HR should consider
When we think of team activities, we usually think of outdoor sports, paintball, adventure activities or excursions. These activities are a good idea, but not everyone enjoys sports and these types of experiences. For this reason, here are some other suggestions to encourage teamwork in your company, beyond sports team building:
- Gastronomic team building: some of the most entertaining and team-building activities are a good cooking course or an organised wine tasting. This involves the team cooking a dish or trying to find out the name of a wine.
- Technological team building: one of the most characteristic technological innovations is virtual reality. Video game competitions can be created to encourage teamwork or healthy competition between team members.
- Cultural team building: gymkhanas through the historic centre of a municipality, the search for hidden clues and the like are common and promote culture, problem solving and teamwork.
- Creative experiences: if the team is more creative and loves to express their art, there are activities such as painting pictures or ceramics while having a friendly chat over a glass of wine.
- Other activities: you can also organise Room Scapes and other team building activities.
What does team building bring to the team?
- Strengthens bonds of affection
- Increases sense of belonging to the organisation
- Improving communication
- Boosting creativity
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses
- Define team roles
- Strengthens organisational culture
The keys to Team Building in your company
Team building activities strengthen the bonds of affection between the different members of a work team. Having a clear objective, getting out of the office and enjoying other goals with colleagues is very positive and improves working relationships. When the whole team wants to achieve the same goal, it makes team members feel part of the team. Taking care of the employee and having fun outside the office is one of the objectives of team building strategies.
It is common for teams to end up relating only to each other, especially in large companies. This is why this type of activity fosters relationships between the different departments of a company. Thanks to better communication between teams, work is easier and the ability to understand each other is improved. These activities aim to sharpen the ingenuity and creativity of employees, helping them to understand the importance of each other’s work.
Team Building defines team roles and promotes leadership. Organising work on the basis of a structure and criteria improves results. It is also a way of detecting internal conflicts within teams. It allows to understand and solve problems that may occur.
When planning a team building strategy, it is important to keep in mind that we need to promote the soft skills of employees. One of the most effective methods to achieve this is through soft skills training for companies. Where to train your employees? Classgap for Enterprise is an official training school with more than 10 years of experience in the training sector.
If you want to build a close-knit team with great skills, contact us today and take advantage of the opportunity to train your employees in soft skills.