How to calculate and communicate the value of language courses to your employees
If you want to start implementing business languages in your company, there are a few things to keep in mind. For example, it is important that you have a good understanding of the value of in-company language training and that you can communicate it to employees. This way, in addition to having tools with which to defend their implementation, you will be able to convince the teams that languages for companies are a relevant asset. In this article, we explain how you can calculate the value of studying business languages and key points to communicate it to your employees.
Know the value of language courses for companies
The first thing is to know how business language courses can help you. This way, you will understand their significance and be able to communicate it to employees. Of course, you can calculate the monetary cost, but if they are eligible for subsidies, these in-company training courses will be valued even more. Some of the benefits of in-company language courses are:
- Employee autonomy: imagine that the firm is expanding abroad. If employees need to learn business English to communicate with foreign clients, a business English course will be welcomed.
- Increasing emotional pay: not all companies provide resources to their employees. Therefore, offering training in the most in-demand languages, such as business French or business German, is key to retaining talent. In this way, if employees feel cared for, their emotional pay and motivation will increase.
- Better results: when teams are trained and acquire skills that enable them to perform their work well, processes become more efficient. In this way, performance in the departments will be higher, thus improving results.
The language bonus for companies and flexible remuneration
When included in a flexible compensation plan, employees will be able to study business languages at a lower price than the market price. Moreover, by joining such a plan, they will end up saving on their take-home pay. This happens because language courses for companies, as long as they are included in the flexible remuneration, are eligible for bonuses. They will learn to communicate in other languages and will also gain other benefits. That is why implementing flexible remuneration with language courses for companies is such a good idea.
Create a flexible compensation plan based on language courses for companies.
A flexible compensation plan will be the roadmap for managing the implementation of language training for companies. In addition, thanks to this document, you will be able to have clarity on the value of language training for companies in order to share it with employees.
To create a good flexible compensation plan that encompasses business English, business French or any other language, you need to know what to offer. Ask employees what skills they could use to improve, look for training that will help them achieve the company’s objectives. Then, dump all the data and gain the acceptance of executive management. With a good flexible compensation plan for business English or any other language, you can better present the value of such training.
Tips for communicating the value of language training for companies
Once you have a good understanding of how business language training helps business growth and company managers are on board with its implementation, it’s time to tell employees about it! Good communication will provide teams with arguments for understanding the importance of business languages. Follow these tips to find out how to present the new business language courses to employees:
- Prepare a presentation: in order to explain its value, you can generate a supporting document with which to present the language courses for companies. It will give you tools with which to make a clear presentation.
- Solve doubts: it is possible that, during the presentation, some employees may need to ask you questions. Provide them with the answers in order to clear up any confusion. This will help them better understand the benefits of in-company language training and how it helps with refresher training.
- Explain the next steps: it is important to make it clear what will happen. In this way, through simulation and activation of the plan, employees will understand how in-company language training works in its entirety.
Making the case for in-company language training is necessary if you want employees to embrace this new training strategy. They can bring many benefits, but in order to do so, you must have quality in-company language courses. We can help you! If you want to know more about languages for companies and how to implement them with flexible remuneration, write to us. We’ll be happy to tell you all about it.