IN-COMPANY ENGLISH COURSES: THE KEY TO BUSINESS SUCCESS
English here, English there… there has come a time when English seems to be everywhere. Given that in the business world you’re going to need to speak English quite often, having good business English courses has become a cornerstone of a company’s success. Let’s see why business English is so interesting!
- English courses for companies: why is English the language of business?
- 10 advantages of in-company English courses
- English for business: writing a professional email in English
- How to organise in-company English language training
English courses for companies: why is English the language of business?
English has been gaining a foothold in the business world as a global language. It is worth considering introducing business English courses to train your employees in this skill. But why is English the language of business?
It all started in the British Empire
Before the imperial era, English was only spoken in the British Isles, with few non-native speakers. With the expansion of the British Empire, English reached many parts of the world. Conquered territories were often intended for business between the native area and the British Empire. This meant that business, education and many other services brought by the English to those territories were offered only in their language.
Although English is not the official language of the United States, as the country does not have an official language, it is the most widely spoken language in the country. With the end of World War II and the spread of American culture, English reached many corners of the globe.
The Internet was also born in the United States and has spread worldwide with the English language. Today, around 80 % of the content circulating on the web is in English. In addition, many of the large companies that have multinationals around the world are based in countries where English is the official or predominant language.
10 advantages of in-company English courses
Seeing why English is everywhere and has been adopted by many countries, people and companies as the language of choice, are you still unsure whether to introduce business English into your business? Then here are 10 advantages of business English courses!
- Having multilingual employees will open the doors of other countries to your business.
- You will be able to compete better in the international market.
- The communication of your team or employees with a foreigner will be much more fluid and effective.
- Your international customers will be much more satisfied, as you will be able to serve them in a language they understand. This also translates into better brand positioning.
- You will have access to better deals and better business opportunities.
- Your company will be able to access a wealth of information that is only available in English.
- You will have the opportunity to expand your professional network with contacts from different countries.
- Your company will be seen as one with more prestige and recognition.
- Your employees will open their minds, understand other cultures and will be able to take advantage of this knowledge for business.
- In case you have to go on a business trip, you will have the opportunity to communicate in English.
English for business: writing a professional email in English
One of the most important reasons to incorporate business English courses into your business is communication. Being able to talk to colleagues in other locations or to talk to foreign clients effectively requires good oral and written communication skills. In business, however, writing is particularly important in order to be able to record all transactions and exchanges.
In this sense, writing a professional email in English will be key to your company’s communication. When you are thinking of introducing English for companies in your business, you should bear in mind that it is important for them to learn how to write this type of piece in order to have effective exchanges.
How to organise in-company English language training
In-company language training is now a reality. To expand your business, you need to know how to organise in-company English language training for your employees:
- Think about the objective of the training and adapt it to your resources.
- Create groups of students with a similar level.
- Give importance to continuity.
- Choose between face-to-face or online mode.
We have already seen why it is interesting to train your employees with in-company English courses. Generally, online will always be better received than face-to-face, as you save on resources and time, which translates into better performance for you. Contact us at Classgap for Enterprise and we will explain how to introduce in-company training and courses into your business.