NATIVE TEACHERS AND ENGLISH CLASSES FOR EMPLOYEES: ALL THE BENEFITS
It is likely that whenever we think of English classes for employees, having a native English teacher comes to mind. Well, let me tell you that this is precisely one of the best things you can do to train your employees in this language. Often, because we have not taken things like this into account, we have not been able to get the most out of our English classes for employees and we have not been able to get the most out of them.
Not only is it essential to have a good native teacher to train our employees, but we have to think about other aspects to have the best business training of all: How to get the best English classes for employees in online format, apply them correctly to each job position and, last but not least, get English classes for employees for free (for the company).
Sounds good, doesn’t it? Well, read on and you will learn why you should hire a native English teacher and how to get the most out of in-company training.
Native teachers: your best asset for English classes for employees
A native teacher is a person who is a native speaker of a country and teaches professionally in their mother tongue. This means that, as it is their natural language, they are experts in the field and will therefore have a very broad and, above all, up-to-date grammar and vocabulary. Likewise, many native teachers are characterised by a very strong accent from the area where they grew up. If we extrapolate this to employee English classes, we will realise that this type of teacher is the most likely to be able to help our employees deal with foreign clients.
Only a native teacher will be able to teach you all the grammar and business vocabulary needed in each area of the company, the way your clients do business, the local customs and, most importantly, those little tricks that will make your audience fall in love with you and perceive you as an equal in their homeland despite being a foreigner.
What are the business benefits of having a native English teacher?
- Lose the fear of speaking to native speakers: We often find it intimidating to speak to English speakers due to a lack of confidence. From the start, conversations will be much easier with a native teacher.
- Greater understanding and fluency in conversations: As you will only be able to communicate with this person in English, you will start to perceive this language as normal and gain confidence.
- Reduce grammatical errors: A native teacher will recognise the smallest mistakes you make at once, so you will be able to correct them all.
- Learn native expressions and contractions: Communicating in a way that is familiar to him/her will help you gain the client’s confidence.
- Start differentiating accents: It is very important that, depending on the region in which we are going to start expanding our business, we focus on learning the language of the area both to understand them and for them to trust us more.
- Internalise a new culture and how to interact correctly with them: It is not enough just to know the language, it is very important to know the customs of each place to show respect to customers and ensure commercial treatment.
Can there be any disadvantages to having a native teacher?
Being a native speaker of a language does not guarantee that the person is a good teacher. That is why you have to take into account that this person has years of experience in the sector, that his/her accent is the one you want your employees to learn and that he/she is a good professional who knows how to apply the English classes to your business area and, above all, to the needs of each employee.
What is the best way to organise English classes for employees?
As we have already mentioned, having a native teacher is not the only thing you need to count on when organising English classes for employees. One of the most important steps is to find the right training school for your company… Don’t you know what to look out for? Well, first of all, it has to offer personalised online training and it has to tailor all classes completely to the objectives and needs of both the employees and the company. At Classgap for Enterprise we are perfectly aware of this situation, which is why all our courses are 100% customised. Thanks to this methodology, employees can learn in the best possible way all the vocabulary and knowledge related to business English that they need in their job.
It is important to remember that good online English classes for employees must always be taught from a platform that allows direct communication between student and teacher. For this reason, at Classgap for Enterprise we have developed the “Virtual Classroom“, a space where you can give classes, share notes, do practical work, correct projects… In short, a place where employees can learn everything related to English for business in the easiest, quickest and most effective way.
After reading this article… Do you still have any doubts that hiring a native teacher is the best thing you can do for your employees? In that case, contact us and start organising those English classes for employees that your company needs so much!