ONLINE TRAINING 4.0: TYPES OF ONLINE COURSES FOR COMPANIES
In recent years, the different types of online courses for companies have experienced a boom that has positioned them among the most demanded forms of education. And it is no wonder since, thanks to them, thousands of people, regardless of where they are and their conditions, can access quality online education.
Depending on the needs that you have, some types of online courses for companies will be selected or others. It is also very important to be able to detect which in-company training is the most suitable for your employees and to be able to meet the objectives proposed by the company.
If you want to know all the types of online courses for companies, which ones bring the best results and which ones would be best suited to your company, read on! By the way, don’t forget that…
Teaching in the internet age means we must teach tomorrow’s skills today. – Jennifer Fleming
B-learning for companies and different types of online courses
First, we will explain the different types of online courses for companies. In addition, it is very important to take into account which ones are the most suitable to give your employees a quality education and, obviously, that they learn in these courses and can apply the knowledge to their jobs.
There are three main types of online courses for companies:
- E-learning: This is the most widely known. “Electronic Learning” is the digital evolution of traditional training but without the figure of the teacher. Therefore, all the necessary materials are available, but it is the student who sets the pace and has no external support.
- M-learning: With the arrival of smartphones, M-learning has become very important. It is a variant of online training that is taught from the mobile phone and gives you more facilities for training from anywhere in the world and can be more convenient for the student. The downside of “Mobile Learning” is that, as we only have a small device, this limits some training and we do not have access to as much content.
- B-learning: This training is the most complete of all, as it combines all the modalities of online courses with the advantages of face-to-face training. With “Blended Learning” you attend class (with the new normality it can also be online) and a teacher explains the content, clarifies your doubts and gives you practical and updated materials so that you learn in the best possible way. This is the most effective type of online course and the one that most companies that are concerned about the training of their employees opt for.
Apart from these three modalities, we have to bear in mind MOOCS. These are the typical courses in video format where, by watching them, you learn key concepts and see an overview of the training. The bad thing about these is that they are very impersonal and are not at all adapted to the needs of the company. Even so, they can be useful as a complement to training courses and can be found in all the types of online courses for companies that we have mentioned above.
Objectives and needs: 100% effective online course methodologies.
The best methodologies for online courses are those that first make a study of what the company’s needs are and how to achieve the established objectives. Likewise, once this has been determined, the training needs of the company and of the students in particular are studied in depth in order to adapt as much as possible to all these variables.
A good online course methodology adapted to your needs will give you better results than any other traditional training method. At Classgap for Enterprise we have been in the training sector for more than 10 years and we have seen first hand the effectiveness of delivering good online training.
At Classgap for Enterprise we provide online E-learning and B-learning training where, thanks to our free audit service, we can determine the training needs of your employees and adapt each online course to meet your company’s objectives.
Our trainings give spectacular results and employees are trained to perfection in the fields they need. For example, our courses have a 90% attendance rate compared to 78% for traditional training. Likewise, the student is 25% more productive and the teachers share 85% more documents than if it were a face-to-face class. The numbers don’t lie.
In-Company Training: 5 problems of the types of online courses for companies
It is just as important to choose the course that best suits our company as it is to know how to detect which ones are NOT suitable for us, as the result could be more negative than positive.
What are the problems of the types of online courses for companies?
- They do not have business customization.
- They can cause loneliness in the worker.
- A lot of self-discipline is needed.
- Lack of practical part.
- Requires specific technology.
How to detect what type of online courses are best for my company?
The first piece of advice we can give you is to discard any training that is impersonal and not adapted to your needs because, as we have seen in the previous point, this can lead to a great waste of money and even more negative variables in your employees.
Likewise, depending on the type of training you want to carry out, it will be much more practical to adopt one type of course or another. As we have seen, what works best is one-to-one or small group training. This will have to be decided based on whether, for example, you are looking to train a manager to give a conference (one-to-one methodology) or you have the need for a specific department to open up to the international market (small groups).
In Classgap for Enterprise we have developed a totally new learning methodology where teacher and student can have a 100% two-way communication as if it were a face-to-face class. With our Virtual Classroom you can train your employees in any course they need: languages, digital marketing, programming... Everything is within your reach.
If you don’t want to waste any more time looking for the best training for your employees, contact us and start investing in business growth and development today.