SOFT SKILLS AND HUMAN RESOURCES: HOW TO ENHANCE THEM IN YOUR COMPANY?
Soft Skills are a fundamental part of any company, and although it has always been thought that Hard Skills were the really important abilities, in recent years it has become clear that without Soft Skills, work teams cannot function properly.
Likewise, from human resources we have to take into account that especially in 2021 we need specific Soft Skills to adapt to the current situation and to achieve our business objectives. That is why it is so important to know how to strengthen the Soft Skills of each employee, so that, even at a distance, we can have good communication and that there will be no problems in teamwork.
Not sure how to develop them? Don’t worry, they can be trained without problems as long as you know where to focus your attention and choose the Soft Skills course that best suits your employees.
Identify the Soft Skills that are present in your company
Have you ever wondered what Soft Skills are in your company or which ones you can apply to manage a happy team? In order to determine this there are different techniques that can help you to observe the dynamics of your employees and the Soft Skills in which they excel the most or put into practice the least:
- References from previous jobs: Based on their work experience you will be able to see if they have had more tendency to develop some soft skills or others.
- Aptitude and personality tests: These tools are very useful to quantify the Soft Skills that a worker has, but bear in mind that you should not take them as the “pure truth” as it is very easy to lie in these tests.
- Individual and group interviews: This is the easiest and quickest way to get to know a person and their attitude towards the work group. You can use them to go deeper into certain topics.
- Socializing: Seeing how they behave during breaks, lunch or outside the office will give you an idea of whether they are an open person or if their way of being suits the business environment.
Red Flags: How do I spot them?
There are times when we can detect that a worker does not interact with his colleagues, that he may have had some problems when doing his job or that other employees have had problems with him. It is very important to be able to detect these signs as they can be the beginning of a bad working environment. It can also lead to work not being done properly and projects falling behind schedule.
How do I know that my employee does not have the necessary Soft Skills?
- They do not share the same business values.
- There are inconsistencies between their behavior and what they communicate to the team.
- He does not share his work and doubts that of his colleagues.
- They do not ask for help and do not allow themselves to be helped.
How can I enhance the Soft Skills in my employees?
Once you have detected which Soft Skills you want to promote in your employees, the most important thing is to start working on them. First, you have to find the Soft Skills training course that best suits the needs of your company and employees as well as your objectives. At Classgap for Enterprise we have more than 10 years of experience in the corporate training sector, so all our courses are focused on adapting 100% to the needs and objectives of your company.
If you have not been able to correctly detect the training needs of your employees, don’t worry. At Classgap for Enterprise we have a totally free audit service where our experts will perfectly determine the needs of your company so that you can start working on them in the best, quickest and most effective way possible.
Likewise, in order to maximize the Soft Skills of your employees, the training they undertake must be with a qualified teacher who will guide them through the whole process. In Classgap for Enterprise we have developed a completely new methodology for training courses where, through our Virtual Classroom platform, both teacher and student can have a totally bidirectional communication and exchange doubts and materials without any kind of barrier. This type of platform is the future of all online training, as it provides you with the advantages of face-to-face training in a totally online way.
You have already seen that human resources plays a very important role in detecting which Soft Skills are the most important in the company and which ones need reinforcement. Contact us and we will advise you on everything you need to know to train your employees in Soft Skills and strengthen them in your company. We are here for you without any obligation!