THE BASIC EXPRESSIONS FOR MASTERING BUSINESS ITALIAN
When we decide to learn a new language, the most important thing is to have a wide and diverse vocabulary that allows us to adapt and develop in the context in which we find ourselves. Learning basic Italian can help a little, but it is essential that your employees master the Italian spoken in their business sector. In addition, the working environment requires us to know more formal expressions, to talk about our profession and to relate to the business world in Italian.
When a company decides to enter the Italian market or to do business with companies in Italy, it is when it realises that its employees need a good level of Italian. Imagine going to a meeting with a client in Italy and not mastering their language, you won’t understand each other and you will hardly be able to close any deal. What should you do? Find the best in-company Italian language training.
Everything you need to know about Italian for business
Learning Italian is the most important thing if you want your business to grow. Where do you start? The easiest place to start is with vocabulary, but not just any vocabulary. Choosing personalised business Italian language training will help you focus your efforts on learning basic vocabulary and expressions related to your company’s area of work. Learning basic Italian can help you in colloquial situations, but if your goal is to be able to close deals, sales or business, you should opt for more business-focused training.
Italians can often seem informal, they are a southern European country and, like Spaniards, they are very open, but they take business very seriously. Also, most Italians are not fluent in English, so the British language will not be of much use to you. Business Italian training can give you the confidence to hold a conversation in Italian. Want to know more? Here are a few expressions that can be very useful for your future meetings in Italian:
Indispensable expressions for negotiations in Italian
How to start a meeting? These are the basic expressions in Italian that you will need to master in order to start the meeting:
- Benvenuti alla riunione / Welcome to the meeting
- Grazie di essere venuti / Thank you for coming
It is possible that in the middle of the meeting you do not understand some of the concepts that are being discussed. Don’t worry, use these expressions to politely interrupt the speech and resolve your doubts:
- Puoi ripetere per favore? / Can you repeat that please?
- Potresti chiarire questo punto? Potresti spiegarlo di nuovo? / Could you clarify this point and explain again?
- Potresti spiegare meglio i dettagli? / Could you elaborate on this?
To intervene in a more formal way to contribute your ideas, use one of these phrases:
- Scusa se ti interrompo, ma vorrei aggiungere qualcosa (algo) / Forgive me for interrupting you, but I would like to add something (something)
- Non vorrei interrompere, ma mi piacerebbe chiarire una cosa / I do not want to interrupt, but I would like to clarify something.
- Vi spiace se aggiungo una cosa? / Do you mind if I add one thing?
- Sono d’accordo con te / I agree with you
- Posso interromperti un secondo? Vorrei proporre un’idea / Can I interrupt for a second? I would like to propose an idea
Once the meeting is over, we encourage you to close the session by inviting attendees to participate:
- Qualcuno (alguien) vuole aggiungere qualcosa? / Does anyone want to add anything?
- Ci sono domande? / Are there any questions?
- Grazie a tutti della partecipazione, ci vediamo alla prossima riunione. / Thanks to everyone’s participation, see you at the next meeting.
It is likely that after this meeting, if everything went well, they will want to arrange another session, so you should use these expressions to organise the next meeting:
- Vi va bene se ci rivediamo martedì prossimo alle otto? / Is it OK if we meet again next Tuesday at eight o’clock?
- Che giorno siete liberi per rivederci? / What day are you free to meet again?
- Vi confermerò data e ora della prossima riunione vía e-mail / I will confirm the date and time of the next meeting by email.
How to get my employees trained in Italian for business
As we have mentioned, it is most important to provide personalised training that allows your employees to learn the most important Italian in the company’s sector. At Classgap for Enterprise we offer 100% personalised training based on the objectives and needs of each employee. If your goal is to expand your company and establish relationships in Italy, employees need to know the Italian language, culture and customs to be able to develop comfortably during meetings with partners and clients.
In addition to customisation, you should consider other key aspects of training such as tools and experience. We have more than 10 years of experience in the education sector. The platform has its own “Virtual Classroom” so that your employees can get the best online Italian for business classes.
Don’t hesitate and contact us today to start training your employees in Italian for business now!