THE SOFT SKILLS YOU NEED TO BOOST IN 2022
Every day, dozens of CVs arrive at HR departments with great technical skills, but if these hard skills are not accompanied by efficient time management, teamwork and good conflict resolution, you will not succeed. Each person has a role in the company and is connected to the rest of the team. In order to function well and enjoy a collaborative, motivational and healthy work environment, the soft skills must be worked on.
Soft skills are combined with hard skills, which refer to an individual’s professional knowledge and skills. For your company to be competitive, employees must have a good combination of skills and for this, there is soft skills training for business.
Table of contents
- What is team building and how does it improve productivity in your company?
- The benefits of team building in your HR strategy
- 5 key team building ideas for your company
- 10 benefits of motivating employees with team building activities
What is team building and how does it improve productivity in your company?
When we talk about Team Building we refer to specific activities that aim to build or unite work teams in order to strengthen team spirit and cooperation. We are talking about a tool that is key to the development of the organisation and can be very useful for companies, sports teams, school groups…
The main function is to create or improve productivity through motivation and group cohesion. There are a variety of activities that aim to improve participants’ relationships, cohesion, problem solving and other aspects that can influence the performance of team participants. These are the main objectives of team building:
- Build a strong team.
- Create a sense of permanence.
- Enhance communication between team members.
- Promote the positive attitude of employees.
The benefits of team building in your HR strategy
Through different actions, team building aims to encourage and boost morale after difficult moments in a company. HR departments must achieve satisfactory results using the benefits of the activities approach, among which the following stand out:
Increasing the sense of ownership through activities and competitions and fosters a sense of belonging, as all participants have to work in coordination to achieve the results. On these occasions, immediacy is very important, as it requires proactivity and allows an additional perspective to see the results.
As with the sense of belonging, team building strengthens communication and helps members to communicate with each other and to focus more on the practical than on the theoretical. Regardless of whether the result is successful or not, it has been proven that dealing with complex situations together among team members leads to a greater sense of unity.
What soft skills do you need to develop in your company if you want to succeed?
- Team building
- Communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptation to change
- Negotiation skills
- Empathy and emotional intelligence
- Conflict resolution skills
- Good work under pressure
- A curious and positive attitude
- Efficient time management
5 key team building ideas for your company
There are many different team building dynamics that are usually grouped into the following types: communication, conflict resolution and decision making; planning and leadership and trust. Here are some examples:
- Scape Room: These are physical and mental games that involve locking a group in a room. They have to solve puzzles and riddles before time runs out. Collaboration and communication are key.
- Trust games: This involves creating pairs who have to drop and trust that another partner will catch them. Another game would be to guide a blindfolded partner through a circuit.
- Sports and adventures: physical activities in nature away from the work environment improve employee relations. Excursions are often a good bet.
- Cooperation games: with these dynamics you will learn to work together. One of them involves forming groups and giving them materials with which they will have to protect a product.
- Communication games: dynamics in which participants will improve their relationships and communication. It is a good way for them to get to know each other.
- Decision-making games: these are activities in which they will have to agree to make decisions and collaborate.
The 10 advantages of motivating employees with Team Building activities
Strengthening communication within the team and the company is one of the benefits that can be achieved through team building. Strengthening bonds and improving trust strengthens the relationship between colleagues and improves work results. Thanks to the competitiveness to achieve the different challenges, the hidden talents of each employee are discovered, which can be very beneficial for the different teams.
Team building also improves planning, as teams must divide tasks and strategise how to find solutions to each challenge. It is important to have the ability to optimise time management and decision-making under pressure, as time for each challenge is limited.
Team building is an opportunity for the company, which is why it is best to opt for a personalised soft skills training course. Training your employees in and improving their soft skills can make a huge difference. Classgap for Enterprise is an official training school with more than 10 years of experience in the training sector.
If you don’t want to be left behind, contact us today and take the opportunity to train your employees in soft skills.